Latest News Announcements
CALL for PAPERS, already-accepted AND new, for WSSA 2020 Virtual Conference
Call for Papers and Presentations
“2020 Virtual Juried Proceedings
Western Social Science Association”
This is a Call for Papers for the 2020 WSSA virtual conference, which is replacing the previously scheduled 2020 face-to-face conference, which would have been held in Portland, Oregon, USA.
IF you had a paper, panel, or roundtable accepted for the face-to-face conference
You want to present that paper, panel, or roundtable at the virtual conference,
section , at bottom of page.
IF you did not apply to participate in the face-to-face conference,
you would like to make a presentation in the virtual conference,
section , at bottom of page.
WSSA is cognizant of the time and energy that our members have put into developing their scholarly work for the face-to-face conference that had been scheduled for Portland, Oregon. We are also fully aware that a virtual option will not replace the opportunity to meet with colleagues and friends at a face-to-face conference; however, moving forward with the virtual option does allow us to maintain connected until we meet in Albuquerque 2021.
WSSA has been working with its various affiliates, associated groups, and sections to provide an opportunity for scholars to present their papers via an Online Juried Proceedings. This will be an asynchronous Proceedings, which will allow for a virtual exchange of ideas, comments and thoughts about the submitted presentations, without requiring the “attendees” to be logged in at any specific day or time.
At present we already have over 140 presenters signed up to submit their presentation(s) for the WSSA Juried Proceedings Virtual Conference.
- may submit up to two presentations; Please note that we are not able to cross-list sections or papers.
- should submit to a specific section, either the section to which they originally submitted, if they were accepted for the face-to-face conference, or to the section that is the best fit for the topics of the presentation, if this is a new submission
- can submit a document (their paper), and/or a video, and/or a Power Point Presentation.
- Only submissions by presenters who have either already paid the Conference Fee or who pay the Conference Fee by May 26 will appear on the website. No presentations will appear unless the presenter has paid the registration fee.
Even if your paper title and abstract were submitted for the face-to-face conference, you must now submit your full paper, in order for it to appear in the virtual conference.
- It is expected that the submission portal will be opened at some point during the last week of April.
- The submission portal will close on May 30, 2020.
- During the submission period, all submissions will be reviewed.
- The Juried Proceedings, during which comments can be received, made and responded to by paid registrants for the Online Juried Proceedings, will open on June 10, 2020, and will remain open until September 30, 2020.
- The Proceedings will then be opened for public access for one year. This access will permit viewing, but will not permit commentary.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these very trying times.
With kind regards,
Larry A. Gould, PhD
Western Social Science Association
 IF you had a paper, panel, or roundtable accepted for the face-to-face conference
AND You want to present that paper, panel, or roundtable at the virtual conference,
You can submit your presentation(s) by going to http://www.wssaweb.com/index.html, clicking on the Conferences tab, and then on the submission portal which we expect to be able to post there by some time during the week of April 27-May 2. When we have a paid registration on file, your presentation will be added to the conference website.
The "paid registration" referred to in the paragraph above may be either face-to-face registrations that you have requested (by email to WSSA.Admin@nau.edu) to have transferred to the virtual conference, or they may be new registrations, if you had not yet registered for the face-to-face conference before registration was closed. New registrations can be made at the following link: https://reg.planetreg.com/E317131545175834
IF YOU REGISTERED FOR THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE , we already have your registration on file - you do not need to do it again, you only need to email to WSSA.Admin@nau.edu, asking for the registration to be changed to virtual - IF you have not already done so. If you have already sent such a message, you do NOT need to send another one.
 IF you did not apply to participate in the face-to-face conference,
BUT you would like to present in the virtual conference,
You can submit your presentation(s) by going to http://www.wssaweb.com/, clicking on the Conferences tab, and then on the submission portal which we expect to be able to post there by some time during the week of April 27-May 2. Your presentation will be reviewed by the appropriate Section Coordinator and then, IF it is accepted, will be added to the possible presentations for the conference. When we have a paid registration, in your name, for the virtual conference, your presentation will be added to the conference website.
New registrations can be made at the following link: https://reg.planetreg.com/E317131545175834
If you registered for the virtual conference before submitting your presentation, we already have your registration on file - you do not need to do it again.
IF you registered for the face-to-face conference, you do not need to also register for the virtual conference, you only need to send an email to WSSA.Admin@nau.edu asking to change the registration to virtual. If you have already sent that message, you do NOT have to send another one.