Latest News Announcements
See full article: details about refunds, pushing fees to next year, or applying to virtual
LATEST NEWS on format of the virtual conference:
The conference will not be live - it will be an online website, somewhat interactive, but not requiring anyone to be in front of their computer at any particular time of day. Papers/videos/PowerPoints, etc., submitted by registered "attendees", will be posted on the virtual site, divided into our usual sections, and will be available for all registered attendees to see and comment on for a period of time, after which all content will be opened for public viewing (viewing only, no comments). Instructions for submission of your content will be available soon, and will be posted on our website and our Facebook page, as well as in a letter sent to all persons registered for the virtual conference.
> IF < you are planning to have a paper in the virtual conference, _______________________________________right now it looks as if the virtual conference submission portal will open in a week or so, and will remain open until the end of May. Email messages containing the exact dates and instructions for submissions will be sent to all persons currently registered as soon as they are finalized, and will also be posted here and on our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pg/wssapage
> IF < you would like to completely cancel your registration and receive the 90% REFUND Your email request is all that is needed to put you on the list for cancellation-and-90%refunds. If you indicated, in the email you have just sent, that you are choosing this option, you do not need to send another request. Refunds are being processed in the order that they arrive(d). Issuing refunds is a complicated process, involving three different programs, so your request may not be handled for several days. Refund requests may not receive an emailed response but the refunds themselves should appear on the next credit card statement after about 10 days following your request.
- > IF < you want your already-paid registration fee be pushed to next year's conference, Your email request is all that is needed to put you on the list to have fees pushed to next year. If you indicated, in the email you have just sent, that you are choosing this option, you do not need to send another request. I will begin sending individual codes to all persons wishing to do that, AFTER March 30. Those codes will allow you to pre-register for next year's conference, for free, so long as you do it by April 30. Your receipt for that registration may show a payment, but you will not need to make one.
- > IF < you want to have your already-paid registration fee applied to the virtual conference No one who pre-registered for the 2020 face-to-face conference in Portland will need to register again for the virtual conference -- BUT pre-registered people who plan to participate in the virtual conference must send an email with that information to WSSA.Admin@nau.edu. They will receive a 90% refund minus the $50 needed to cover the expenses for the virtual conference. IF you would like to donate a portion of that refund to WSSA, to defray the cost to the Association of canceling the face-to-face portion of the conference, please say so in your request. We know that many people will be unable to afford to do that, or prevented from doing so by their funding restrictions, but IF you decide to make a donation, we will be very grateful, and I will send you a receipt for the donation. I will begin processing the requests to apply the already-paid registrations to the virtual conference starting March 30. Please be aware that you will need to submit your full paper, and/or video presentation, and or PowerPoint or other media, to participate. Instructions for those submissions will be available soon.
- > IF < you had not yet registered for the face-to-face conference, but intend to participate in the virtual conference, There is a link that will allow you to register for it. That link can be found on our website, www.WSSAweb.com, under the "Conferences" tab, by clicking on "2020 Portland", and then on either "Overview" or "Registration". Please be aware that you will need to submit your full paper, and/or video presentation, and or PowerPoint or other media, to participate. Instructions for those submissions will be available soon.
- > IF < you would like to donate all or part of your already-paid registration to WSSA, to defray the cost to the Association of canceling the face-to-face portion of the conference, please say so in an email request, the same request that indicates your choice of option. We know that most people will be unable to afford to do that, or prevented from doing so by their funding restrictions, but IF you decide to make a donation, we will be very grateful, and I will send you a receipt for the donation. I will try to answer these very generous requests within a few days of receipt.
- > IF < you have questions about how the virtual conference will work -- dates/times, technical questions about the programs or technology needed to participate, how you will make your presentation, how question-and-answer will work, whether you will be able to participate in sections other than your own, there is some arrangement for conversation outside of the panels, etc. -- we will send out a letter with that information as soon as the company that will host the conference has worked out the details. The letter will be sent to all persons who have newly-registered for the virtual conference, and all those who have requested that their already-paid fees be applied to the virtual conference. That information will also be posted on our website, and on our Facebook page.
- > IF < you have other questions, send them to Kate Herke, Communications Director, WSSA.Admin@nau.edu, or Larry.Gould, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Debra Andrist, President, email@example.com. Your questions will be answered as soon as we reasonably can, but please be aware that the answer may take several days.