The Social Science Journal
Change in Publishers
The Western Social Science Association is pleased to announce that, with the coming of the New Year, the Social Science Journal will be published by Taylor & Francis. We will miss our friends at Elsevier, but as is the case with all things, over time they change.
Per our contract with Elsevier and the new contract with Taylor & Francis, the Editors, through the authority vested in them by WSSA, control all content. Daphne Pederson and Krista Lynn Minnotte will remain as our editors. In sum, this means that the change in publisher will have no impact on those who have already submitted manuscripts, nor will it have any impact on those planning to submit manuscripts.
What authors need to know about the change:
- If you have submitted a manuscript for review, it will follow the same process as was the case previous to the change in publishers.
- If you have submitted a manuscript for review and it was accepted on the condition of revise and resubmit, nothing will change in that process.
- If your manuscript has been accepted for publication, it will be published in the same order (volume) in which it would have been published under the Elsevier contract.
- With the new publishers commitment to promotion, there is every expectation that the Impact Factor will increase.
- The change in publishers will allow the Journal to reach new markets.
- As soon as the submission portal is ready, we will update this page.
Larry A. Gould, PhD
Western Social Science Association
Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice
Northern Arizona University